Fast, small-format Photometers optimized for display test and cosmetic inspection in production environments
ProMetric® Y is a series of high-performance imaging photometers designed for production volume testing of displays, smartphones, tablets, notebooks, keyboards, and lighting products.
Key Features and Highlights:
- High Speed: Minimum measurement time (photopic) to 0.3 seconds
- High resolution, to 43 megapixels
- High-speed, high-resolution, cooled interline CCDs
- PM-IP Imaging Photometer with internal Tristimulus Y filter for accurate photometric measurements
- PM-IR Imaging Radiometer for IR measurements •
- Seamless integration with TrueTest Automated Visual Inspection software and PM-KB Illuminated Keyboard Testing Software
- Multi-exposure High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode
- Multiple lens choices with Smart Calibration for a wide range of focus and aperture settings
ProMetric software provides complete measurement control and Point-of-Interest/Region-of-Interest functionality.
Delivering Smart Technology™ innovations including:
- Smart Control™ for fast, precise setup: Smart Control allows you to electronically adjust both focus and aperture settings of your lens.
- Smart Calibration™ for automatic high-accuracy results: ProMetric Y offers a variety of electronically controlled lenses, each calibrated over a wide range of working distances and aperture settings. ProMetric Y monitors focal distance and aperture settings and automatically applies the correct flat field calibration, greatly simplifying setup and ensuring accurate measurement results.
For automated testing, ProMetric Y is optimized to work with the industry-leading TrueTest™ automated visual inspection and PM-KB™ Illuminated Keyboard Testing Software. This turn-key system is ideal for high-volume manufacturing of displays, smartphones, notebooks and more.
- Display Test: Inspect for particle and line defects, uniformity, light leakage, mura, luminance, surface defects (bubbles, scratches, debris).
- Cosmetic Defects: Detect scratches, dings, dents, missing / disoriented elements, confirm text, evaluate overall surface uniformity.
- Keypad Inspection: Evaluate brightness, inter- and intra-character uniformity, light leakage, missing character, wrong character.